The Jester's Ramble

Monday, September 11, 2006

WTC memorial lights

I caught sight of the WTC light-tower tonight, so walked down to the pier, and sat and looked at them shining above the city. From where I was, across the bay I could see easily where the twin towers would have risen to. I could see the lack.

So I wept. I haven't wept about the towers since the moment when they fell, when all I could whisper was the word "no" over and over again. It's like some floodgates opened up. Still can't fathom it. The lives lost.

But then, these light-towers go beyond the limitations that the physical towers had. They go higher. Into the heavens. As does our light I believe. After we crash to the earth, becoming dust, we shine upward ascending beyond our mortal limits and reach our heaven.

It's a beautiful thought on a sad day. The memorial did it's job. I remembered them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home